CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Promise Made to Abraham

Through the Miracle promised to Abraham "for a father of many nations have I made thee… and I will make thee exceeding fruitful…" Genesis 17:5–6, and now through the Miracle of technology, we desire nothing more than to Link Abraham's Offspring.


Blog Purpose - Linking Family

Throughout my research I have hit many dead ends. So in an attempt to continue the research I have emailed hundreds of people and posted so many Surname boards with the hope that there would be a link, ALWAYS to no avail!

Feeling frustrated that I have not found ANY links to date; I created this Blog in order to provide ONE location for ALL "cousins" with the following Surnames to post their information, with confidence that someday a Link will be found!

(Please note that ALL Surnames on this Blog are Jewish)

ADELMAN, PRINCE, MEYER, DINOWITZ,

SAMUEL, HOVISS, COHEN, WILANOWICZ

TIENEMANN, STOCKHAUSEN, ELKAN-JUDA,

BAER, BOSSON, SIMON, LUKS

WALLACH, KULIES, BOSSON,

Instructions: Email your family information along with how this information was qualified. (i.e. birth certificate, personal knowledge, Census etc.) to linkabrahamsoffspring@gmail.com

Verification: LAO will create a family group sheet and a Pedigree Chart with your information and will email it back to you to proof.

Linking: Once proofed and returned to LAO, your information will be entered into our database and proofed for Links. If a Link is found - you will be notified immediately.

Information: All Pedigree Charts and Family Group sheets will remain in the system for future reference.






Sunday, October 24, 2010

Traditions

My family research began with a simple Family Bible page given to me by my father Paul Prince Adelman. This was the Family page from his mother’s family, the Max Meyer family. I was so excited and worked with a German translator to know every word on these pages. You have to understand that my father had 1 sister who had 2 sons – that was the entirety of my extended family. I would see my 2 cousins now and then, but we did not have family dinners or holidays together, and soon we became adults and had no contact with each other.

 I now held in my hands 3 generations of family names and the “bug” to find more. Even better than the names on the pages I now had, I began to feel “connected” to these names, as if I knew them, which just made me WANT to know more!

So I purchased a genealogy database management system and began entering all the information that I had. Then I noticed a SOURCE button and wondered what that was. So I took an online class for beginning genealogists.  What – you are supposed to REASERCH your ancestors. You mean this family bible page could be wrong! Okay – well I like a challenge and better yet – I love a puzzle. So my long nights and endless days of sitting in front of computers – flying to New York for days on end and pages of notes began. 

What began as a search to validate the Max Meyer family bible page, turned into a search for all my ancestor’s.  So I began with my father of course, added his father and thought – this is going to be easy, I will just ask my dad what his grandfathers name was and his aunts and uncles names and I would just call them and this would be a piece of cake! Right? Wrong! Remember the lack of family dinners and link to my cousins and aunt and uncle – well come to find out that this did not begin with my father and mother. My father did not know the name of his aunts or uncles or even his grandparents. WHAT?!? How do you not know the names of your family?                 Game On!!

I am proud to say that my brothers and sisters and I have changed this family “tradition”. We see each other as often as possible, and my only brother that lived far from us, just moved within 30 miles of all of us in order to allow his son to grow up knowing his cousins, aunts and uncles. We truly love each other and cherish the relationships we have with each other – even if it is just this generation! My parents still live far from their children, but with the miracle of technology such as computers, airplanes and phones – we see them as often as possible. However, this generation, we are proud to say, knows each other and our children know each other – and a new family tradition has been established! 
Happy Linking! Your “Cousin”, Carole


0 comments:

Post a Comment